PKWARE’s platform was the first potential solution that the education provider’s team evaluated. Unlike other data security products that address only a limited number of use cases, PKWARE is a true data protection platform, combining data discovery, classification, and encryption in a single workflow. The company determined that Smartcrypt was the only product that offered the capabilities it needed in order to meet its goals:
- PKWARE TDE provided a simple solution that would allow the company to meet its contractual obligation for encrypting data at rest.
- PKWARE agents on user desktops provided enhanced protection for customer data and other forms of sensitive information that employees created and used.
- PKWARE Data Discovery enabled the company to scan devices for sensitive data and apply its data protection policies automatically.
- With PKWARE, data encrypted on the company’s desktop systems remains protected even when copied or shared outside the organization.
- The PKWARE Enterprise Manager control panel provided a simple interface through which administrators could define and apply the company’s security policies.
The company selected PKWARE as its vendor and moved forward with implementation.
PKWARE allowed the education provider to meet its customer obligations and internal data protection goals on schedule. The company installed PKWARE TDE for its SQL database and installed PKWARE agents on employees’ desktops and laptop systems.
Having seen the value of organization-wide data protection, together with PKWARE’s ease of deployment and ease of use, the company immediately made plans to protect data on 40 additional servers and expand its PKWARE implementation even further.